With the season’s change coming upon us, it’s a great time to get refocused. To refocus we need to go back to the fundamentals. Today’s Broker Minute is designed to take you back to the fundamentals. Lets start with the highest and best use of our time. Remember time is not something we can earn and or get back so that makes it the most important commodity we have control over. We can always earn more money, get more things but we can never get the time we have used back.
Here are the best uses of your time:
1. Write and present a contract
2. Get a price adjustment on a listing
3. Listing presentation
4. Showing a home
5. Doing a drop in visit with someone you like and that likes you – provide them with an item of value
6. Business to business networking
7. Taking a client to lunch or coffee
8. Making a call to your sphere of influence
9. Writing notes
10. Taking classes on industry and personal growth
11. Prioritizing and planning
If you instill all 11 of the highest and best uses of your itme in your everyday work you will be very successful and will also have a little fun along the way. Remember, we are in a relationship business so the stronger you build your relationships the stronger your business will be.
To help with the calls, here are a few reasons to call your sphere of influence: Valentine’s Day, Mother’s Day, Easter, St. Patrick’s Day, 4th of July, Halloween, Thanksgiving, Hanukkah, Christmas, New Year’s Day, birthdays, the first day of school, and other important milestones. There are a number of reasons to call your sphere, all you need to do is pick up the phone and DO IT!